The Affordable Care Act (ACA) Special Open Enrollment Period will allow new enrollments and/or changes from existing health plans
If you don’t have health insurance you may be eligible to enroll in an Affordable Care Act (ACA) plan during the 2021 Special Open Enrollment Period (SEP) that runs from Monday, February 15 – Sunday, May 15. During this three-month window, individuals and families in states where the ACA Marketplace is served by the healthcare.gov platform will be able to apply for insurance or make plan changes if they have existing ACA (also called Obamacare) plans. People who have health insurance through a consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) plan are also eligible to enroll in an ACA plan, which could cost less.
How American Exchange Licensed Agents Can Help You
American Exchange agents are experts in all types of plans available to you. Our agents:
- Know the key differences between health insurers, networks, and prescription drug formularies.
- Have access to more information to help you make a more informed decision about your coverage,
- Ensure you get a tax credit or subsidy if you are eligible, which will help offset plan costs.
- Identify other programs you may be eligible for, like Medicaid, Medicare, or Veteran’s Affairs.
What You’ll Need Before You Enroll
You will need to know your yearly income to see if you qualify for a tax credit or subsidy to reduce your costs.
- You are eligible for a tax credit when you buy an ACA plan if your household income is between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level, which is $12,880 for a single person in 2021. The level varies in Alaska and Hawaii.
- You are eligible for a subsidy if you earn between 100% and 250% of the federal poverty level.
How to Enroll Yourself
There are a few ways you can enroll. If you want to do it yourself, you can enroll directly through our partner, HealthSherpa, by clicking the “ENROLL NOW” link below. Be sure to use your correct area code (zip code) to view all of your plan options, as well as their associated monthly premiums. Generally, the premium costs increase with medal level, starting with the lowest-cost Bronze plans, Silver, and Gold being the highest cost plans. Click the button below to view plans and/or go ahead and enroll yourself in a health plan for 2021.
American Exchange’s Agents are Here for You
Each year, American Exchange’s licensed, certified agents help more than 17,000 individuals and families across the country get all savings they qualify for and enroll in the plans that best fit their needs. The agents ask you questions so they understand your healthcare costs, what healthcare providers you currently see, and any other needs you have so you can get the best plan for you and your family. American Exchange also provides call center support throughout the year.