Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace open enrollment is here. It runs through January 15, 2022. During this time, you can enroll in a health plan for 2022 or switch your current health plan for a new plan.
Here are the deadlines:
- For your health coverage to start January 1, 2022, you must enroll in a plan by December 15, 2021.
- If you enroll between December 16, 2021 and January 15, 2022, your health coverage will start February 1, 2022.
- If you have a 2021 plan and do nothing, you will automatically be enrolled in the same plan you currently have, if it is available. Your coverage would start on January 1, 2022.
- If the plan is no longer offered, you will be enrolled in a similar plan.
- You will have until January 15 to change your plan if you do not like the new plan you were auto enrolled in.
Auto renewing is risky. See 7 Reasons Not to Auto Renew Your Marketplace Health Plan to see why you should shop for a plan.
Want Help to Enroll?
If American Exchange enrolled you in a 2021 plan, you can update your information online now. Remember, American Exchange enrolls you at no cost to you. You can call the person who enrolled you directly, if you have the phone number. Or you can call 1.888.995.1617.
Want help enrolling in a 2022 marketplace plan? American Exchange’s ACA-licensed insurance benefits managers can help at no cost to you. Call or email us:
Our extended open enrollment hours are:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm.